Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Photographing Museum Exhibits




I had the privileged of photographing the new Calder exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum on Monday. I have been photographing SAM's rotating exhibitions for the last 4 months. This was by far the most difficult shoot yet. The show consists of mostly mobiles the are designed to move with the air flow of the viewer passing by. Unfortunately I am unable to share these images because Calder has a very strict copyright on his works and as of now I do not have permission from the foundation to use images of his work. So instead I have included images from the Imogen Cunningham exhibit that is still on view in the galleries. I am photographing the Michelangelo exhibit this Monday, I'll post some images from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment